Monday, September 9, 2013

Waiting

Waiting for what? you ask. Mostly cooler weather. Oh, Fall, when will you return? After that early storm, Indian summer set in just a couple of days later. Now we are in a heat wave and more than ready for fall. If I ever had any melancholy about bidding adieu to summer, as I always do, I do not now. It's too hot! Thankfully today is supposed to be the hottest day and then it will be cooler. On the bright side I can still sport my Hawaiian dresses.

I am also waiting for all the household modifications to be finished. Our new multipurpose Tiki Room is nearly done, and we've been working on moving bookshelves and all the books in them from Rachel's room to the office.


It was nice, in a nostalgic way, to pull out all those children's books and young science reads that I have not looked at in, oh, a very long time. 


I do love books, but I am lazy by nature, and moving massive amounts of books from one room to the next can be very wearing, not to mention irritating with all the dust we've kicked up in the process. But one mustn't shirk duty, and I think all the book moving may finally be finished. Now if only I could have a nice chilly day so I can curl up with one of those books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment