Monday, September 2, 2013

The First Sip of Cocoa

After a very mild, beautiful, enchanted August, September hit and BAM! Literally. Today it is pouring rain and we have some serious thunder and lightning. It's a little scary, but exciting and cozy, as the first thunderstorm always is.


I cannot recall it ever storming like this so early in the year. Usually Labor Day weekend in Grass Valley is a time for barbecues and swim parties. This may be a much harsher fall and winter than we are used to. If we are getting rain this early, maybe we will get snow earlier than usual too. Maybe I will finally get the white Christmas I've been praying for!


For now I will be content with the pouring rain and enjoy warm cups of cocoa (in giant Mickey Mouse cups) and playing games of Irritata with my Mom, (our own modified version of Aggravation.) 


1 comment:

  1. Irritata! Hakuna Matatah (sp?) LOL Looks like the best way to spend a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete