Sunday, November 13, 2016

Take a Deep Breath....

Looks like I'm back, in spite of being so very busy. Six classes and all their accompanying homework, plus the housework that never ends, keep me pretty busy. But we must not forget the ever important down-time. Down-time for me is usually first thing in the morning with toast, a hot cup of tea, and a good book (more often than not Harry Potter.) Unfortunately, my foolish brain cannot help making me feel guilty about the down-time I am taking, telling me that I'm subtracting valuable minutes from my day that could be used getting homework or laundry done. 

Long story short, life is full of stress! Surprisingly, today I found encouragement in one of my least favorite classes, Library Teamwork and Supervisory Skills. This week my teacher assigned some articles for us to read on stress and how to reduce it. Here are links to two articles that really helped me:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/stress/art-20046037?reDate=13112016

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/in-depth/positive-thinking/art-20043950?reDate=13112016

Let's all hope for a more relaxed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment